About Dr. Roy
Dr. Roy is a native of Tidewater, Virginia, and lives in Virginia Beach. He has two children: Meredith, a counselor and Taylor who is majoring in Aerospace Engineering.
Dr. Roy attended Virginia Tech and was accepted to the Medical College of Virginia, School of Dentistry after his third year of college in 1975. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1979 and practiced general and cosmetic dentistry for 6 years. From 1985 to 1987 Dr. Roy attended the West Virginia University School of Dentistry Orthodontic Residency where he earned his certificate of specialty in Orthodontics as well as a Master of Science degree with honors. He has been practicing orthodontics in Tidewater since that time. He completed the Roth/ Williams Center for Functional Occlusion two year program in 1994.
- Member of the American Dental Association, Virginia Dental Association, and Tidewater Dental Association. Past Chairman of the Peer Review/Patient Relations committee, Executive Committee of the Tidewater Dental Association. Fellow of the Virginia Dental Association.
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists, Virginia Association of Orthodontists, Tidewater Orthodontic Society, Past President of the Tidewater Orthodontic Society, Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Member of the Roth/ Williams International Society of Orthodontists and the Arnett Interdisciplinary Foundation.
- Served as Attending Instructor: Department of Orthodontics, National Children’s Medical Center, Washington, D.C.
- Faculty Roth/Williams Center for Functional Occlusion and the Functional and Cosmetic Excellence post orthodontic training program.
- Lecturer at numerous orthodontic residency programs around the country and to orthodontists and dentist both nationally and internationally.
- Visiting Faculty at the Dawson Academy, a center for advanced dental education.